Monday 28 July 2014

A Review of The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes by Anna Mcpartlin

The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes is exactly what it says in the tin. It follows Rabbit (Mia) Hayes as her family take her a hospice to live out her remaining days as she loses her four year battle with cancer.

Even though the book is utterly heartbreaking, it's also heartwarming.

I found that the characters in this book were incredibly relatable, they all seemed so real to me. I feel that the further I got into the book the more I liked the characters. Each one was written in a way that you just can'y help but care fot them.

The book deals with how Rabbit Hayes copped throughout her four years of cancer, through her blog, and showed how she managed to ramain upbeat and positive throughout her experience. It then shows how she deals with knowing that her death is nearing and how her family and friends cope with the loss of a loved one.

Although this is not my ususal kind of book, I thouroughly enjoyed this. It was both heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. It also had just the right amount amount of humor. I would thoroughly recommend this book, alomg with a man sized box of tissues because if your anything like me you'll be crying your eyes out by the end. I swallowed up this book in just a few hours and found it difficult to put down once I had started to read it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Kelly's Book Corner Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang